warp core failing

Post your personal announcement here

Moderators: Super Moderator, User Support

warp core failing

Postby blackheart » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:08 pm

Well all I have just had my computer finally die on me, lets just say its not good, the motherboard finally died (yes it was like a scene out of the original Star Trek after the enterprise had been in a bust up lots of sparks and smoke)and so I have got a new machine.
Everything is ok then. . . . No with this upgrade I have been having such wonderful problems as none of my old software works correctly on the new operating system, no NOT windows 8(tried it was a disaster and moved forwards by going backwards to windows7) but still having fun especially as I finally went up to 64bit. So this is a being a bit of a bitch as I do my artwork and paysite on these programs....grrrrr
Next thing I find out is that some of my hardware ie my artwork scanner from canon doesnt have drivers for anything above xp.....so now I have to get a new scanner too.
So long story short and cutting out a lot of cursing, I may not be around as much as I am trying to get back on top of work and commissions. I will still be about though!

blackheart
Gold Member
Gold Member

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Re: warp core failing

Postby Downrightdaft » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:06 pm

One step forward, 2 steps back. That's Windows

Downrightdaft
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

dD

Postby blackheart » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 am

lol yeah dont I just know it DRD good old Microsoft! Shafting people for well over two decades!

blackheart
Gold Member
Gold Member

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby Alice » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:38 am

You can install an XP virtual machine in Windows 7, bh: I did that to keep compatibility with some ancient proggies and devices I use. Runs smoothly.

Alice
Women Rule
Gold Member

(M)Alice.

Postby blackheart » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:52 am

I know what you are saying and I do use VM for some things on my machine, but I upgraded to 64bit to get the computing power boost which I do admit is there. Its just a real pig for me that some companies just have to fix what is NOT broken.
For me in an operating system I seek functionality and speed. XP was the king of functionality (didnt look great, have a lot of bells and whistles but did the job) what I wanted was a speedy 64bit XP . . . which they update lol I know I want everything!
So back to the what you said, thanks Alice on top of the VM thing.

blackheart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alice » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Uhm... I'm using the 64bit version.
By the way, Window 8 has a built-in VM, "Hyper-V." All you have to do is activate it and install whatever OS you like. Runs smoothly as well.

Alice
Women Rule
Gold Member

(M)Alice.

Postby blackheart » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 am

yes I know there are 64bit versions of xp out there but mine wasnt and all I could get hold rather than linux and windows hate was 7. Hyper-V huh interesting thanks

blackheart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Members' Announcement