[IMPORTANT] Live Links Forbidden

Official board news and announcement

Moderators: Super Moderator, User Support

Postby baka » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:26 am

i understand the security risk and to have a rule to avoid it is needed.
theres other forum/community that also try to avoid to be traced by the use of live links, some with the same rule to make it unclickable and some by using anonymous sites like

Code: Select all
http://anonym.to

i will follow the rules of course, but would like to have your thoughts about it.
any comments why not to use anonymous sites?

baka
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby comiXimoc » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:59 pm

baka wrote:i will follow the rules of course, but would like to have your thoughts about it.

Because they frequently stop responding, or simply die. Also their dereferrer function is sometimes questionable.
:wink:

comiXimoc
Administrator
Administrator

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Postby spaz » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:08 am

What he said  :wink:

spaz
Grandpa
Administrator

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

Postby nancyfantsy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:16 am

baka wrote:i understand the security risk and to have a rule to avoid it is needed.
theres other forum/community that also try to avoid to be traced by the use of live links, some with the same rule to make it unclickable and some by using anonymous sites like

i will follow the rules of course, but would like to have your thoughts about it.

As a new member, I am surprised that "live" links are not allowed... At least one other forum I belong to automatically prepends (!?) an anonymous dereferencer - like anonym.to - to any such links posted. That does the job for them

Just my 2 cents worth!

nancyfantsy

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby gonnor » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:50 am

nancyfantsy wrote:
baka wrote:i understand the security risk and to have a rule to avoid it is needed.

As a new member, I am surprised that "live" links are not allowed... At least one other forum I belong to automatically prepends (!?) an anonymous dereferencer - like anonym.to - to any such links posted. That does the job for them

Just my 2 cents worth!

First of all, welcome to ECC nancyfantsy :)
I hope you enjoy it here and have fun.

Thanks for your comment; given what cXc said, it's not about having to do it manually, it's about these dereferencers not being reliable. Until they are, I guess not using them will be the policy.

gonnor
ECC Golden Translator
User Support

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership

Postby r2d2 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:07 am

Rules were made to be followed! Perceived and understood! :)

r2d2

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

May the force be with you...

Previous

Return to Board News & Announcements