[Final Draft] Promotion Policy

Official board news and announcement

Moderators: Super Moderator, User Support

[Final Draft] Promotion Policy

Postby MRM » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Dear all,

As promised, we're presenting the final draft of promotion policy for your comments & opinions.

bronze - 50 + at least a week old forum membership (*eligible for evaluation)
silver - 150 (*eligible for evaluation)
gold - 300 (*eligible for evaluation) permanent membership & cannot be demoted due to inactivity

* - promotion will be based on the quality of post & comply with the requirements as stated in forum rules (i.e. country flag, gender, avatar, etc.)

*** this policy changes will be re-evaluated based on your comments & opinions in 7 days then the implementation.

MRM

edit: due to low turn out, we're extending the discussion until October 20.

MRM
Big Brother
Founder

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

My Signature

Re: [final Draft] Promotion Policy

Postby jonessk » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:12 am

Having a goal is great, so this policy works for me. Maybe also a minimum time on the fourm as well? Just to prevent someone from trying to post 100 times in a day and cloging up the board? 1, 2 and 3 months? Or 1, 3 and 6 months?

jonessk
One Cool Froode
Pioneer Member

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

You can do anything....once! You just may not be around to try it a second time.

Re: [Final Draft] Promotion Policy

Postby qurtuba » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:10 am

I am happy with the proposal.

qurtuba
Quite a nice guy, with a twist...
Super Moderator

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Omnia mecum porto

Postby Downrightdaft » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:24 pm

I agree with this. The # of posts only makes the person eligible to be evaluated for promotion, so its both quantitative and qualitative

Downrightdaft
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

dD

Postby Tricky » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:44 pm

Sounds good, though i'd also emphasize the importance of quality over quantity. I'm sure that it would be no problem to see who's participating and contributing, as opposed to who's being lukewarm and intrusively boring.

Great idea btw!

Tricky
Lunar Traveler
Silver Member

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Deep inside the human subconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

Postby Jackalicious » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:17 am

Feels like highschool all over again,
didn't know that everyones contribution was under evaluation. And what is considered to be 'a valuable' asset to the forum?
What is good or bad taste? I've dealt with these discussions to witts end, after all, i'm an artist too. I just didn't expect to come across such judgemental partys on a site like this. I don't want to sound offensive but, really: shouldn't we all just have fun while we're at it?

If you are referring to spammers, hatemail, account abuse, blank posts and what not: i totally agree, ban them. But that is more of a golden rule in my book, something that goes 'without' saying.

Stipulating and encouraging good behaviour on the forum can scare away any potential newcomers. Have faith! The world isn't that bad. :?

Jackalicious
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby qurtuba » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:50 am

it's not about gentleness, jackalicious, it's about quality. You can post "thank you" and "good one!!" a thousand times and stay a base member (which is not bad at all, but you will see what we have in store later on)
Now, wise comments, good debate, intelligent questions, informed submissions, those are the one that counts. Make your presence be felt positively. You can and probably will disagree with some issues, state it in a gentlemanly manner. You may be able to add spice, information, or just your opinion, do it in a friendly manner. Debate is ok, arguing for argument's sake is not. Respect other people arguments, feel free to expose your own.

qurtuba
Super Moderator

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Omnia mecum porto

Postby Jackalicious » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:49 am

qurtuba wrote:it's not about gentleness, jackalicious, it's about quality. You can post "thank you" and "good one!!" a thousand times and stay a base member (which is not bad at all, but you will see what we have in store later on)
now, wise comments, good debate, intelligent questions, informed submissions, those are the one that counts. Make your presence be felt positively. You can and probably will disagree with some issues, state it in a gentlemanly manner. You may be able to add spice, information, or just your opinion, do it in a friendly manner. Debate is ok, arguing for argument's sake is not. Respect other people arguments, feel free to expose your own.

still,
you have to admit that there's a subjective side to this. What's considered to be wise comment? Good debate? Intelligent questions. I think you would have to go to great lenghts just to come to some form of generalisation. For what it's worth: the way you answered my question qurtuba: our politicians could learn something from you.

Jackalicious
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby nuanda » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:13 am

I agree, it's nice proposal! Byebye

nuanda

Better to be lucky than capable!

Postby qurtuba » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:44 am

Ciao, nuanda of the undeterminated sex! sei benvenutt@!!

jackalicious, naturally there is a subjective side. Mods do our best to make ECC what his creator wanted it to be, and it seems to please a lot of people too. Now, a wise comment, etc etc... it is easier to define by exclusion. And the norm is flexible... to some point. Just try it, you seem to have it in you.
and thanks for your kind words, but I sure hope politicians learn nothing new, they are quite learned already.

qurtuba
Super Moderator

Omnia mecum porto

Next

Return to Board News & Announcements