[Final Draft] Promotion Policy

Official board news and announcement

Moderators: User Support, Super Moderator

Re: [final Draft] Promotion Policy

Postby Downrightdaft » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:00 pm

I have been in fora that were far more egalitarian. Keitex, for example, where anyone who became a member had access to everything, and i was surprised one day to learn that i had become some sort of senior member because it was merely a recognition by one's peers and carried no extra privileges. And there were others that insisted that newbies 'first of all, read the rules' because any violation would result in being 'instantly & permanently banned'! when i joined here, i did feel this wasn't as entirely democratic a forum as some others, but i decided that didn't matter because whoever set it up had the right to make the rules and i had the right to go elsewhere if i didn't like them. Having said this, i must also say that i have had no regrets in accepting the culture of this forum. In fact i like being here - very much, indeed! :d i think we must also note that opening up the promotion policy for discussion by everyone is indicative of considerable transparency.

I dislike ending on a note of dissent, but i think i should point out that suggesting someone sounds like a politician simply does not help take the debate forward

Downrightdaft
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

dD

Re: [Final Draft] Promotion Policy

Postby qurtuba » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:46 am

I took the politician pointing as a praise.

qurtuba
Quite a nice guy, with a twist...
Super Moderator

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Omnia mecum porto

Postby Downrightdaft » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:46 am

You're a wise man, q. I've said that before

Downrightdaft
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

dD

Postby bolichero » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:06 pm

MRM wrote:Dear all,

As promised, we're presenting the final draft of promotion policy for your comments & opinions.

bronze - 50 + at least a week old forum membership (*eligible for evaluation)
silver - 150 (*eligible for evaluation)
gold - 300 (*eligible for evaluation) permanent membership & cannot be demoted due to inactivity

* - promotion will be based on the quality of post & comply with the requirements as stated in forum rules (i.e. country flag, gender, avatar, etc.)

*** this policy changes will be re-evaluated based on your comments & opinions in 7 days then the implementation.

MRM

I agree with this promotion policy.

bolichero
The old grumpy
Super Moderator

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Postby wanderer » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:23 am

Sounds fair and simple. I wouldn't change anything.

wanderer
Silver Member
Silver Member

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby owlhoot » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 am

I agree with most everyone else the promotion policy is fair. That is as long as the one or ones doing the judging are fair. And i must say i have seen no case where i thought anything different.
I do have one question though why are the bronze members only allowed to post short or paneled comics?
Not complaining just have always wondered about that.i have assumed it was just for an incentive to move on to silver is that correct?

owlhoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Remember History is Written By The Winner of Wars.

Postby Tricky » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:21 am

Probably, owlhoot. It makes the bronze wonder what's in stock for them when they reach the 2nd phase of the ecc rainbow. That and the fact that the bronze section would eventually end up all cluttered and chaotic with lots and lots of full content that'd become repetitive and hard to manage. Could be wrong, just a quick guess. *puzzled face

Tricky
Lunar Traveler
Silver Member

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Deep inside the human subconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

Postby Downrightdaft » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Now that you mention it: i agree, owlhoot. I can understand restricting access to ecc resources based on membership, but why put the brakes on members sharing comics with each other? If the next promotion depends on the quality and quantity of postings, then why put limits on it? Let's face it, there aren't very many good comics that are 15 pages or less (and the good ones have already probably been posted); and a large no of the postings in the bronze sections' 'short & panel comics' sub-forum are not really storable material.

Downrightdaft
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

dD

Postby MRM » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Thank you for your comments & opinions. This thread is now closed for re-evaluation & implementation.

@owlhoot, Tricky & downrightdaft: We will discuss this & thank you. :wink:

MRM
Big Brother
Founder

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

My Signature

Previous

Return to Board News & Announcements