Demotion: don't let it happen to you!

Official board news and announcement

Moderators: Super Moderator, User Support

Postby Dianara Darkraven » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:21 pm

Well, I do hope the forum is "cleaned up" regularly so that my posts are not lost in a sea of old ones. Keeping the topics lively will keep me posting!

Dianara

Dianara Darkraven
Philosopher AKA Devil's Advocate
Gold Member

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

"One must ponder the link between the genesis of Satan, and the failure of the clergy of the Catholic Church.  Lucifer was one of God's angels smitten with lust and jealousy.  Funny, so are the priests," Rachael R. Popek

Postby freddiep » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:07 am

Sounds like a good way to keep people accessing the website and submitting posts and contributing to the forum
freddiep

Postby Dianara Darkraven » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:06 am

Galabru-

I will be going away on business on July 12th. I will be gone for three weeks. Provided I have internet access while I am away, of course I will keep posting. If not, I will post as soon as I get back. I will be back for one or two weeks then gone again for three more (training for new system at work, and work doesn't use the internet for anything.) Once this is done, I will not have to go away for any more extended lengths of time for another couple years.

Dia

Dianara Darkraven
Gold Member

13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership13 years of membership

"One must ponder the link between the genesis of Satan, and the failure of the clergy of the Catholic Church.  Lucifer was one of God's angels smitten with lust and jealousy.  Funny, so are the priests," Rachael R. Popek

Postby Cronenberg » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:45 am

I wrote over 150 posts and I was full member for a long time ..
but...
I have been demoted last time:(
I was no posting only 3 days over the limit (63 days of unactivity)......
I had problems with net-connection in that period...is there any possibility to have my old status (with all my post written in the past) back? I hope it will not make to much chaos in this forum and I assure that it will make me happy and grateful.

Postby smajsa » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:34 am

@ cronenberg:

sorry mate, but the rules are very clear. if you were 57 days more over limit you would be demoted to new member. that's just the way it goes. i'm sure it will be no problem for you to gain your membership back.
don't worry, your posts (all 163 of them) are still there, but your post count was cut to make sure you'll appear in e-full members group when the time for re-evaluation comes. good luck.

@ dianara darkraven

have a nice and productive trip. don't worry about demotion, your status will be frozen

@ all others

if you find so hard to post once in few weeks, or you're busy, or going to vacation, army, business trip, or just simply going insane (like me last couple of weeks) and you're somehow unable to keep active at the forum for longer period, make a short announcement about your absence (and return). mods are humans, too, you'll (most likely) be understood, and it will prevent demotion.

now get in and contribute!

smajsa
Gold Member
Gold Member

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Postby Dianara Darkraven » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:48 am

Smajsa,

Thanks! I will see you all soon. I leave tomorrow at the crack of dawn. If I have internet access, I'll report in soon!

Sincerely
Dianara

Dianara Darkraven
Gold Member

Postby comiXimoc » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:44 pm

[align=center] :sad2: [/align]51 Silver Members demoted due to inactivity!

If you are between them, please, do not post questions why and how. It's all in the rules. Also, do not ask about your counter, if you don't mind for the forum, then the post counter is also not important.

Instead of that, try to regain your status through participating in forum's life, try to contribute.

And remember, nothing is lost forever. Look at max099, she was demoted, then even deleted, and she's now a Gold Member.

Regards,

comiXimoc
Administrator
Administrator

14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership14 years of membership

Postby cindersxx » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:20 am

Yes this happend to me too. My computer broke and I lost my ISP but that is not important here. There are no excuses, just cold hard rules. Yesterday a judge cut my speeding ticket in half but that is the real world, this is cyber and man is it tough in here.

By the way, I begged, whined, offered bribes of gold and flesh but to no avail. Do not follow my path of despair and ruin. I now spend my days and, not a few nights, in the gutter too weak and despondent to even lift my eyes in hope of alms. I hope for a better day to come but not even the noon sun reaches my dirty cheek or shredded-rag covered body.
Last edited by cindersxx on Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

cindersxx
Pioneer Member
Pioneer Member

15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership15 years of membership

Postby mart_r3000 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:20 am

cindersxx wrote:I begged, whined, offered bribes of gold and flesh but to no avail. Do not follow my path of despair and ruin. I now spend my days and, not a few nights, in the gutter to weak and despondent to even lift my eyes in hope of alms. I hope for a better day to come but not even the noon sun reaches my dirty cheek or shredded-rag covered body.

This would have worked on me - I'm so easily moved, especially by a lady.... Unfortunately, I'm not a Moderator here....

Cinders - you shall go to the ball again (or at the very least, Silver Section)

mart_r3000
In Loving Memory
In Loving Memory

12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership12 years of membership

Postby The Fuzzler » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:22 am

will i be demoted if not participate in time ?

I won't participate in most topics anyway though as you all might know allready

not the amount of my posts counts as well just the input of it should count
and i might put all in hold for some time not much time left because of my private life

but if i would be back to zero it would be zero for me as well

The Fuzzler
Comix Icon
Comix Icon

PreviousNext

Return to Board News & Announcements